Join the Distinctive “A-Team”
Distinctive Drywall & Painting isn’t your typical company. We are a unique group with bold goals, high expectations, and never content with the status quo. If that excites you more than it worries you, then you’re the kind of person we’re looking for.
At Distinctive, we are growing quickly and we push ourselves to achieve more than we ever think is possible. We’re looking for people who are prepared to keep pace. We expect every team member to play a vital role in moving our business forward, so we’re constantly seeking out positive and driven people who want to make a difference.
But, it’s not a one-way street. We ask our team to deliver every day, and we’re prepared to do the same.
6 Reasons Why Working at Distinctive is Awesome
1. It’s extremely rewarding.
We feel grateful to work on some of the most amazing projects in the Midwest where attention to every detail is very critical. Our team members have the opportunity every day to showcase their talents and provide our customers with an extraordinary experience unique to our industry. Knowing that we are helping to build or improve someone’s living space, a beautiful place where they will create priceless memories with their family motivates us to do our best every single day.
2. We’re surrounded with the best team in the business.
“A-Players Only” When you work with A-Players, it pushes you to be better as well. “Average” simply won’t cut it here. We have come to expect excellence from our team which is why we take finding and hiring the right people to join our team very seriously.
3. We are dedicated to giving back.
We feel it is our privilege to help and support those in need—both in our own community as well as abroad. That is why we offer our support throughout the year to causes close to our hearts both financially and through volunteering. From donating time and resources to Feed My Starving Children, Second Harvest Heartland, local food banks and food drives, meals for Thanksgiving, gifts for children during the holidays, and participating in Make a Wish MN events, Distinctive is always looking for ways to make a bigger impact in people’s lives. Our entire team looks forward to our charity events and we always leave with our hearts full.
4. We want our team members to succeed—at work and at life.
We believe that the most successful people have committed to a lifetime of learning and at Distinctive we foster that environment. We are committed to investing in our team and helping to create leaders within our industry. That is why we constantly support and encourage professional and personal growth opportunities for our team members.
5. We have fun!
We work hard…we grind it out… but we also make time for fun. Whether it’s a bigger celebration like our annual Team Appreciation event, Holiday Party or something simple like a team breakfast, we enjoy spending time together as a team and having fun!
6. Simply put, we care.
It’s who we are. We are passionate about taking care of our customers and are so grateful for each and every one of them. We are equally grateful for each of our team members. Without them, none of this would be possible. We strive to ensure that every team member feels appreciated and look for unique and personal ways to show them how important they are. At Distinctive your birthday is a special paid holiday to celebrate you, however you’d like.
Every position within our company is vital to our success. We seek and hire the best talent in the industry and foster a high-performing culture with a laser like focus on results. Therefore, we aim to provide the very best benefits for our team including competitive pay, health and dental insurance, matching retirement contribution, profit sharing, referral bonuses, paid vacations and holidays!
View Our Current Opportunities:
Journeyman Drywall Finisher – Full-time
Growing company is looking for an exceptional Journeyman Finisher to join our team!
- If you enjoy high-end luxury projects where attention to detail and quality are the #1 priority…
- If you like to work with a team of high-performing and talented team members who are committed to delivering exceptional results…
- If want to use your skills, experience, and passion to help make a difference in our industry…
- If you want the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop yourself personally and professionally…
Then you have found your ideal job!
- Quality Control: Delivers consistent high-quality results on every project.
- Jobsite Management: Partners with on-site teams to ensure all projects are completed to company standards, on-time and within budget.
- Training: Assists with training team members on best practices and technical skills.
- Project Communication: Ensures all project documentation is completed timely and accurately. Provides effective communication to all customers and team members.
You are the Ideal Candidate We are Looking for if:
You are willing to put in the extra effort and care to deliver an exceptional customer experience. You take 100% accountability of your actions and have a positive “whatever it takes” attitude. You show respect to others and enjoy building meaningful relationships. You take ownership and pride in your work and strive for excellence and continuous improvement. You provide solutions and lead by example.
You are the Ideal Candidate if You Have These Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years technical experience in drywall finishing; taping and sanding. Prior knowledge of framing, installing drywall, or priming, is preferred but not required.
- Have the ability and flexibility to complete patch jobs, service work, and match hand, specialty, and spray textures.
- Have the ability to coach, mentor, and train others.
- Work quickly and effectively while achieving superior results.
- Have good judgement, initiative, and attention to detail.
- Have proficient verbal communication skills.
- Have a strong focus on customer service.
- Have creative problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Have experience with Project Management software (BuilderTrend); preferred, but not required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays + Birthday
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Retirement Contribution
- Profit Sharing
- Consistent Year-Round Work
- Personal and Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply:
If you are excited about this opportunity, please send your resume along with a cover letter stating why you feel you are the best If you are excited about this opportunity, then take the next step! All qualified candidates should send their cover letter and resume via email, fax, or mail. Or, submit an application on our website by going to the Apply Now section.
Distinctive Drywall & Painting
About Our Company
Since 2001, Distinctive Drywall & Painting has been in the business of providing exceptional drywall and painting finishes to many of the finest builders and remodelers in the twin cities. We are dedicated to continuous improvement and setting new standards. We strive to consistently deliver the highest quality workmanship, remarkable cleanliness, and responsive communication; all at the utmost convenience. We take extra care in everything we do and go the extra mile to serve our customers. We are inspired to make a positive impact within our industry and the communities in which we live and work.
Distinctive Drywall & Painting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. It is the policy of Distinctive Drywall & Painting to provide equal employment opportunity (” EEO “) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, Distinctive Drywall & Painting will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Let’s Get Started!
We’re here to first understand your needs and then recommend a solution that works for you. Together we’ll create a plan that is proactive, flexible, and responsive to your needs.